10 May 2009

Tivoli Bays: A-Maze-ing

It was a Mother of a day at work so I set sail at noon. Headed to River Connection in Hyde Park for some new shades and water booties.

After taking in the sites at the store, decided I still would like a paddle shop of me own, and set my directional for Tivoli Bays.

I have heard that Tivoli Bays is a nice spot to paddle. Good thing I checked the tide because when low you could get stuck in the mud for several hours as much of the waterways in the bays are shallow.
I paddled through a seemingly endless maze of small flows and never made it to the river!

No big deal though! The scenery was beautiful the smell, swampy, and fish everywhere.
A large carp or large mouth bass almost landed in me dinghy when I came too close!

No pirates stealing rum here. They would get lost if they tried. And we took no fire either.

Settled in at Dockside in Athens with my land lubbing four wheeler: Bad scene Mom's Day buffet for $19.99..............no bar menu for for us regular rusty scuppers.

They did have rum though!

Happy Mothers' Day you Garbage Scows!

Capt. Low Class

Parsons W. Wayneright

No comments: